Sunday, August 15, 2010

Homeschooling Two Year Old Triplets

This year we will have one starting High School. One starting Middle School. And one still in Elementary.


Our older three peeps will be attending public school at least this school year as we are praying about bringing them home again and preparing for the higher grade curriculum for next year.

So, why can't the Chickies (our triplets) and I still plan school at home this fall? Granted they will be only two, but they are ready to have some structured "play/learning" time. Plus this Mama Hen loves Fall and Fall is my favorite time of year to teach. So much of God's creation is out there to explore. I love visiting the same lake every season so all my peeps can see the changes all around them. Making leaf rubs. Waxing leaves to hang around the house. Baking leaf cookies. Chili and stews simmering all day long. Wearing rainboots and jumping in puddles. Reading books under a blanket fort. I could go on and on. So why not do something I love? Why wait until they are 4 or 5?

We are praying about what and how much to be involved in this year.

Tot-School - Very excited about this fun way to plan and track more sturctured playtime which of course equals learning time. Tot School Link

MOPS - I was invited to a MOPS group down the street and am still not sure if this is what I need. I miss my Women's Bible Studies so much, especially Beth Moore, and I think I will be fed more there than at MOPS. But my hubby has encouraged me to give it a try. We are still not settled in a church home yet, so it's important for me to make some friendships closer to home. When my older three were babies we spent a few years at MOPS and it served a great purpose in my life then and I made 2 great long-time friends there. Then while homeschooling Peep2&3, before I was too pg with the triplets, we served as MOPPET workers for the MOPS at the church we were attending. It was great fun and a great learning experience for Peep2&3 to serve others. "A" actually said the other day, when she found out I was going to MOPS this Fall, that she wants to be homeschooled again! Little does she know that will happen next year!

Then there is the great Indoor Play Park I found last spring! It is held in a church that opened it's sanctuary up from Monday to Thursday everyweek. I can drop in anytime between 10 and 2pm! And it averages about $3 a week for all of us! How great is that? We will definetly be doing this. But it is one more place for the Chickies to be exposed to illnesses.

Then of course we have the church nursery on Sundays and playdates here and there. With our Triplets group it seems like we get together less during the winter, so that will lessen our activities. If you knew me, you'd know that I'm spontaneous and like to be on the go. I have to plan to stay home instead of leaving the house. And Peep5's first sentence was "Let's Go"...I wonder where she gets it?

So that's just the plans I have for the Chickies. I'll post more later about the Peeps. What we've done in the past. What curriculums we've used. What works for us and doesn't. How to homeschool Dyslexic children and what our state thinks about the "D" word. Finding WHO I AM thru homeschooling. Unschooling. Where we're heading with the older kiddos.  And so much more!

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog! I have followed your other blog and you inspire me in so many ways. I'm looking forward to following your journey with homeschooling and continuing to be inspired. I'll be praying for you and your family on this journey.

    ReplyDelete